A Gift of Memory To Make You Laugh and Cry
There is a reason I always call the unveiling of your Dreamscape the “First Peek.” It’s because taking in a gift of memory is such an emotional moment! Some people laugh through their tears; others try and stay composed. But it’s almost impossible not to get emotional with custom portrait art made from your photos and memories! So here’s why this happens: you are
- experiencing an “updated” memory that is being re-enacted in great detail
- trying to make sense of a new hybrid memory created from different points in time, or
- seeing a fantasy brought to life from scratch, with brand new, augmented imagery
You see, this gift of memories called a Dreamscape is informed by “insider” information I learn from you, the Gift-Giver. That’s why it becomes virtually impossible not to do a double take when you’re the subject of a Dreamscape. You will be surrounded by familiar images, yet delightfully flummoxed why you can’t remember “being in that photo.” Compositionally-speaking, Dreamscape collage art is made to look completely real, as if someone just took the picture. Created especially for one person, one couple or one family, your Dreamscape’s detail-rich story is also designed to feel as real as the digitally manipulated scene.
It also helps that this gift of memories is put together by a fine artist schooled in meaning-making who:
- critically selects your photographs on the basis of quality, not quantity
- cuts out and re-juxtaposes elements for both aesthetic and conceptual reasons
- gives special consideration to hierarchy by manipulating lighting, scale and skin tone
- searches for perfect images that check out for geographical/historical accuracy
- injects metaphor, symbolism, humor and irony into the artistic composition,
- helps you decide how to frame your artwork, and finally
- takes it to the next level: as a card/invitation, or as a photo gift to wear (photo purse, photo blanket), display (photo sculpture, photo trivet, poster, or coffee table book)
Prefer to laugh more than cry? Let’s do it!